Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Fulton Eclipse Jack : Does this jack pivot. I need a jack that does not pivot because there is no room for it on my trailer. Also the wheel needs to come all the way up to almost the attachment point on the trailer. Do you think this jack will do

5 posts in this topic

The jack definitely does pivot. I would consider it to be unsafe to keep it in the down position since it could snag something. It can be placed along the axis of the trailer tongue. You will need at least 24"-26" along the trailer tongue axis. From the center of the pivot point to the ground is 12"-14".

Hi Bill, Yes the Jack pivots upward not quite sure about the second part of your question I do not think that the wheel comes up to the attachment point so this may not be the jack for you. I did have problems with mine and Fulton sent me a new one!

Hi Bill: My previous email indicated that the jack pivots. I am not quite clear on your second question. If you mean by "all the way up to the attachment point of the trailer" that the jack position must be as far forward on the tongue as possible, the jack will attach up to the point where the rear of the coupler fitting ends on the trailer tongue. Otherwise, the wheel of the jack, when the jack is lowered to its lowest point, the top of the wheel will be 3 1/2" below the bottom of the trailer tongue. Hope this helps. Ralph