• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Norton 3X Ceramic Alumina I-Grade Bench & Pedestal Wheels : I wold love to buy a Norton 3X Ceramic Alumina I-Grade 46 grit 7x1x1 wheel if you can get one? You offer a case of 5, but that is too expensive for me and I only need one. I did buy the 10

4 posts in this topic

I don't know why Jamestown asked me to respond to this. Apparently they do it blindly since this is not a question a customer would be able to answer. I have a 46 grit stone but I bought the 8" X 1" which is available individually. Also, I don't do business with them anymore since I accidentally purchased a 3/4" stone that was on sale which they refused to take back and send me the 1" thickness. So, I have a 3/4" X 8" 46 grit that sits in it's original box. I don't recommend them. So, I don't think you'll ever see this since I suspect they'll screen it out.

Thanks for the response g!

I rarely use the wheel as it is only used to shape wood turning tools when I first buy them, which hasn't occurred for a couple of years. I use a 100+ grit wheel to sharpen the tools.

I rarely use the wheel as it is only used to shape wood turning tools when I first buy them, which hasn't occurred for a couple of years. I use a 100+ grit wheel to sharpen the tools.

Thanks George. I appreciate the response and information!

I don't know why Jamestown asked me to respond to this. Apparently they do it blindly since this is not a question a customer would be able to answer. I have a 46 grit stone but I bought the 8" X 1" which is available individually. Also, I don't do business with them anymore since I accidentally purchased a 3/4" stone that was on sale which they refused to take back and send me the 1" thickness. So, I have a 3/4" X 8" 46 grit that sits in it's original box. I don't recommend them. So, I don't think you'll ever see this since I suspect they'll screen it out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0