Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

TotalBoat Fiberglass Polish : what was the results that you got from this product?

4 posts in this topic

it works.Be patient if the boat is older.Enjoy the rubbing.Just get comfortable and get rubbing.I like the effect.It's not as good as new but it's a whole lot better.

I used a polisher and it turned out pretty well. It was just a wimpy car polisher but it was easier than doing it by hand.  I was pleased with the results considering how bad it was when I started.

I am finishing my boat topsides with Interlux brightsides paint and more recently with the Jamestown topsides paint. There are some imperfections left after painting, probably from a few air bubbles and dust. What is the best way to polish these imperfections out? Is TotalBoat Polish the answer? Or should one use rubbing compound first and then a polish?

Hi Newbie!  

Good question.  

I would suggest hitting target areas with a scotch bright pad; wiping down with mineral spirits to remove all dust; and overcoating from there with final touch up top coat if you have any paint to spare.  

If you do not have any paint left, a machine polish / rubbing compound followed by finishing compound should to the trick also.  

I hope this is helpful, let me know how you make out.

-Lizzie