• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

TotalBoat Fiberglass Polish : what was the results that you got from this product?

4 posts in this topic

it works.Be patient if the boat is older.Enjoy the rubbing.Just get comfortable and get rubbing.I like the effect.It's not as good as new but it's a whole lot better.

I used a polisher and it turned out pretty well. It was just a wimpy car polisher but it was easier than doing it by hand.  I was pleased with the results considering how bad it was when I started.

I am finishing my boat topsides with Interlux brightsides paint and more recently with the Jamestown topsides paint. There are some imperfections left after painting, probably from a few air bubbles and dust. What is the best way to polish these imperfections out? Is TotalBoat Polish the answer? Or should one use rubbing compound first and then a polish?

Hi Newbie!  

Good question.  

I would suggest hitting target areas with a scotch bright pad; wiping down with mineral spirits to remove all dust; and overcoating from there with final touch up top coat if you have any paint to spare.  

If you do not have any paint left, a machine polish / rubbing compound followed by finishing compound should to the trick also.  

I hope this is helpful, let me know how you make out.

-Lizzie

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0