• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Bob

Yanmar Heat Exchange maintenance

2 posts in this topic

Hello, have a clogged yammer 3ym30 heat exchanger. Want to understand ways to treat and how to remove.

I'm relying on memory since it's been a while since I've torn apart a Yanmar Heat Exchanger.  You will need to unbolt the two end caps.  Start at one end, remove the end cap and look at the tubes, if they are fouled, then continue removing the rest to take out the exchanger.  You can then clean the tubes and the caps to remove any scale or fouling.  But before you touch the heat exchanger, check all strainers and hoses up line to the through hull.  Sometimes a piece of sea grass gets in the hose and is enough to cause overheating.  I had that happen to me and after disassembling the heat exchanger to find that it was clean, I started to go backwards to the through hull.  I took the hose off from the seacock to the strainer and after flushing it with water found that it was full of sea grass.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0