Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HALFASTERN

WATER SYSTEM

3 posts in this topic

We have a Minus 50 water system antifreeze that is used.  You would empty your tanks, don't forget to empty the hot water heater if you have one.  put in a couple of gallons in the water tank, and open a faucet at each sink or area and run until you get pure antifreeze.  There will still be water in the line that will come out first.  It may require more than a couple gallons if you have a water heater until you get antifreeze out the hot water lines.

Camco Winter Ban -50 Antifreeze for Potable Water Systems

Posted Image

On my boat I always use a compressor and blow out the water heater using about 40psi.  This also clears most of the water from the lines.  I built and installed a manifold using 3-way valves to bypass the water heater, and after blowing it empty, I set the valves to the bypass position.  By doing this, it only takes me about a gallon or so of antifreeze to do the entire system.  My system, by the way is comprised of an ice maker, three sinks with both hot and cold water, a shower with both hot and cold, and two additional sinks in the wet bar and cockpit that are cold water only.  I also run the water tank empty prior to winterizing the system.

Bob