• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
mlinden

Toe Rail fasteners

2 posts in this topic

I'm currently reattaching the 33' aluminum toe rails to my fiberglass hull. The fasteners that were on it for 30 years are 1.5" #1/4-20 stainless bolts. The heads were oval hex. I'm thinking of replacing them with the same size, but with a flat head hex for a flush fit. Is there any reason not to use a flat head on the toe rail? Also, are the Jamestown marine bolts good for this install? Are they 316 stainless vs the harder alloy? Also, any recommendations for corrosion prevention? Thanks

The 316 stainless flat hex head bolts should be fine for this application.  I'd recommend using Permatex Threadlocker Blue on the bolts to prevent the galvanic reaction between aluminum and stainless.