• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UBWSC

Material to construct curved rod tubes?

5 posts in this topic

Building a 14' creek boat with an open floor and raised bow deck (about 4').  I'd like to put a rod tube on each side at the top of the face of the bulkhead at the back edge of the bow deck.  This would allow a 9' fly rod to be laid down along the gunnel with several feet of its tip up inside the covered bow.  Similar to the way drift boats are put together.

The opening to the tube will be up against the side of the hull and the tube will be turning with the curve of the bow.  I need some kind of material that can be bent/flexed to take that curve and will provide a smooth inner surface for the rod/line guides to slide.

The tube will be installed and foamed in place prior to the bow deck going on.  So the tube doesn't need to be incredibly strong.  'Just needs to stay there long enough for me to foam it in.

Need 1.5" to 2" diameter and about 4' lengths.

Any idea?

Schedule 40 PVC is way to stiff.

I have seen but, cannot find, much thinner pvc tubing that might be used for a drain line in zero pressure applications. 

Yes, a hose would also work, you just need to secure it in place prior to applying the foam.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0