• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seriously4000

Penetrol and Mineral Spirits mixed together?

4 posts in this topic

Hello -

I was recently painting my hull on a warm day with some wind.  As the paint (Interlux yacht enamel) was drying quickly, I added some penetrol to the paint.

I am now about to apply my final coat and I want that coat to be super thin so I wanted to add some mineral spirits (or Interlux 333) to the paint.

The penetrol is still mixed in to the remaining paint - can I mix in a bit of mineral spirits into the remaining paint that already has the Penetrol in it?

Thank you.

Interlux recommends using their Brushing Liquid # 333 for thinning their Yacht Enamel.  

Thank you for your reply.  I do have some #333 Brushing Liquid.  But my ultimate question is/was:  can I use the #333 to thin the Yacht Enamel, if the Yacht Enamel already has Penetrol in it?  Or, does that mixture of #333 and Penetrol have adverse affects?  Thanks again, I buy a lot of stuff from you folks....

I don't think adding 333 thinner to the Enamel that has Penetrol in it will be a problem if it needs thinning.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0