• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nas

Wet edge paint no orimer

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

just about out to paint my 21 wahoo cc with total boat wet edge, and was wondering if priming my old paint is necessary.  I have used brightside in the past and I never had to prime old paint just sand 220 wipe clean with acetone and go.

The question is can I take same Messi res I did with brightside or is it mandatory to prime and clean with your products. 

The old old paint is in fairly good condition

tganks

It is recommended to prime.  Going on top of Brightside in good condition you could probably skip the primer, clean, sand with 220 grit, clean with denatured alcohol and apply in thin coats.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0