tiedNknotts

Steps to refinishing the bottm

4 posts in this topic

Need you guidance ....

Recently acquired a CM21 with original paint. The total plan in to repaint the outside and inside of the boat. I want to change the color from the original white and blue to dark blue outside and white deck and white inside. I need to know the steps or order in which I need to proceed.

1.Hull paint.. do I use a special paint for this? (I want it dark blue)
2. Do I use a special paint below the waterline?
3. Is the inside paint the same as the white I will use on the topside?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Also I will be using your product. After all the video's I have watched, seems everyone suggest Total Boat 

If the boat is going to be in the water more than a day or 2 you will need to use a bottom paint from the waterline down.  If not you can use the same topside paint.  The topside paint is used for the inside also.  Look at our Wet Edge Topside Paint.

If you need bottom paint let me know how you will use the boat and what type of water it will be in, fresh, salt, brackish and I can make some suggestions.

Rick I will use it in freshwater and it could be in the water for 2-3 days. Would you use a dark blue above and below water line? I want it to match with maybe a thin red line at the water line 

If you put a topside paint below the waterline and keep it in the water 3 days it may begin to blister.  I'd suggest using a bottom paint below the waterline like Totalboat Krypton.