• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

3M Scotch-Brite Pads : Is there an established color code to the spectrum of coarse to fine degree of abrasion ? In the woodworking litertature I have seen references to "maroon scotch pad", "gray scotch pad" and "white scotc

2 posts in this topic

Scotch Brite pads are a great alternative to sandpaper and metal abrasives. Woven nylon will not leave metal on substrate, that leads to rust and discoloration. Rinse and re-use.Heavy DutyMMM-05509: Heavy Duty Green #86 Scouring pad for heavy duty cleaning jobs. Use to replace scrapers, steel wool and metal sponges. Typical applications include heavily baked-on food and food processing equipment.Medium DutyMMM-08293: General Purpose Green Scouring Pad #96 The original synthetic scouring pad for everyday cleaning. Replaces steel wool and metal sponges. Non-rusting and resilient.MMM-07447: Maroon general purpose pads 7447 Most universally used pad. Used for scuffing before applying paint or primer. Great for cleaning and preparation work. Perfect for a variety of applications to clean, finish, grain, denib and defuzz. Use by hand, with a hand-pad block or on an in-line sander. Abrasive mineral: Very fine-grade aluminum oxide.Light DutyMMM-07445: Light Duty White Pads 7445 have fine mineral for very light cleaning. Use with liquid detergents for wax mold deflashing, highlighting and top coat rubbing of wood, cleaning of porcelain, stainless steel, chrome, painted surfaces and glass.MMM-07448: Ultra fine pads 7448 are used to finish sand after wet or dry abrasives in the 360 grit range as well as cleaning and scrubbing. Reusable. Excellent for final finishing and light cleaning. Abrasive mineral: Ultra fine grade silicon carbide.Abrasive Grit: 60 GritBRAND: 3MType: Pads

HALFASTERN likes this

I ordered the Scotch-Brite Ultra Fine Hand Pad. It is gray. I don't know anything about different color codes. I looked for the actual product description.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0