• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Fuller Taper Point Hex Shank Drills : Are the hex shanks crimped onto the drill bit, or are they held on with a set screw so that if the bit breaks the hex holder can be reused?

7 posts in this topic

The hex shank itself is a separate piece of hardware using a set screw as per the question. So, yes if the bit breaks it can be replaced in the same hex shank or if you wanted you could use a regular straight bit in the shank a well.

The hex shank itself is a separate piece of hardware using a set screw as per the question. So, yes if the bit breaks it can be replaced in the same hex shank or if you wanted you could use a regular straight bit in the shank a well.

Thanks Andrew, Patrick also answered. It has been a number of years since I purchased these and the old ones were crimped. Thanks again for the info and the super fast response.

If you mean the collar that you set to drill the hole to the depth you require. This is held on with a set screw and can be transferred to another drill. I use these with a counter sinker so the screw is countersunkand fits snugly. I hope this helps

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0