Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Fuller Taper Point Hex Shank Drills : Are the hex shanks crimped onto the drill bit, or are they held on with a set screw so that if the bit breaks the hex holder can be reused?

7 posts in this topic

The hex shank itself is a separate piece of hardware using a set screw as per the question. So, yes if the bit breaks it can be replaced in the same hex shank or if you wanted you could use a regular straight bit in the shank a well.

The hex shank itself is a separate piece of hardware using a set screw as per the question. So, yes if the bit breaks it can be replaced in the same hex shank or if you wanted you could use a regular straight bit in the shank a well.

Thanks Andrew, Patrick also answered. It has been a number of years since I purchased these and the old ones were crimped. Thanks again for the info and the super fast response.

If you mean the collar that you set to drill the hole to the depth you require. This is held on with a set screw and can be transferred to another drill. I use these with a counter sinker so the screw is countersunkand fits snugly. I hope this helps