• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Rule Automatic Bilge Pumps : If the pump runs all the time how do you stop it?

7 posts in this topic

It stops automatically when it senses that there is no more water. It works flawlessly as long as your battery is good.

1100 rule pump it will not shut off at all.?

It kickes off and on as long as it has power to it. I hooked mine up on a switch and turn it on when Im using the boat and off when not using the boat. Theres another wire that bypasses the float switch which I didn't hook up

If it runs all the time, you have a huge leak in our boat.... if not, the float switch is in the wrong position. I never replace my original pump... this models hose fitting was too small. I do remember reading that there were 2 setting. I'd contact Rule or search the web for a printable pdf file of working instructions

J-While your pump doesn't actually run all the time, it will continue to "sample" every 2 minutes or so. Your options are ;1. Wire in an on/off switch somewhere; console, dash or wherever2. you will manually remove a lead from your power supply.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0