• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Rule Automatic Bilge Pumps : how easy is this pump to install?

6 posts in this topic

The pump is very easy to install. If your model does the automatic sampling at a few minutes interval, pay attention to the correct wiring. Hook it up backward will fry the chip and kill the pump. B

The pump works flawlessly, no overnight battery drain. However one has to attend to the strainer frequently. I attend to mine at least once weekly to prevent clogging.

The pump works flawlessly, no overnight battery drain. However one has to attend to the strainer frequently. I attend to mine at least once weekly to prevent clogging.

I thought my pump had clogged from leaves & debris that got into my open boat bilge, so I removed it from the base attachment, cleaned the strainer & bottom of pump & pushed a wire thru the outlet hole to make sure it was clean. I changed the buss bar fuse which had blown, checked the inline fuse which had not & pump won't run. Any advise?Frank M

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0