Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Circa 1850 Furniture Stripper : I used this to strip a school desk. it ate through my heavy glove and made my hand go numb.should there be a cause for concern?

8 posts in this topic

It is strong stuff! Keep off gloves and hands and rinse skin off with soapy water quickly if exposed. Avoid upside down surfaces if possible. plan ahead and don't be sloppy.

You are using the wrong kind of gloves. Get the kind for chemicals from a hardware store. If you get the stripper on your hands/body wash off with water. Anything that hurts like HAS got to be doing something awful! Sometimes I have a bowl of water nearby so I can rinse of quickly.

I had some splatter on my arm and it gives kind of a tingling or burning sensation. I just washed it off right away and had no further problem... if it continues to bother after you have thoroughly washed it, then I would seek medical help. If the product takes off paint, it can't be good for the skin I figure, so I usually wear extra protection, I use the gloves we get for handling farm chemicals, and wear them over another pair of gloves and a long sleeve shirt.