Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Circa 1850 Heavy Body Paint & Varnish Remover : Is this product safe for the eyes & lungs or should wear goggles and masks. Does it have any health impacts such as other products known to be causing cancer and not suitable for people with heart disea

6 posts in this topic

I do't know how safe this product is. I would look up the chemicals contained in Circa 1850 and google it for an answer. I wore gloves- no goggles- and used the product outside.

I do't know how safe this product is. I would look up the chemicals contained in Circa 1850 and google it for an answer. I wore gloves- no goggles- and used the product outside.

Thanks for your answer!They don't give the list of chemicals used in this product on-line. Do you know where I can find them? Also I will need it for Oak-railing inside the house (stairs) so outside is not an option.Thanks a lot

I would email the company in re to chemical content or try a search on google ti see if anything comes up.The container does note to use in a well ventilated area... so you need air circulation. Also to wear googles- oops! It works fast and dries fast.

Thanks a lot for your advise

All companies are required to furnish a MSDS sheet to provide just this kind of info. I am not an expert in the are aand would not want to be responsible for any injury you may incur. It is odd the company would aks me when they have ALL the answers.Earlin

We use it all the time, precisely because of its low VOCs. It eats through latex exam gloves, however. We use a heavier glove with rubber/vinyl on the working side.We wear eye protection whenever we are around chemicals - paints, removers, solvent and the like.