• Announcements

• skiptabor

The future of the JD Forum   07/31/18

Thank you all for your participation on the JD Forums.  We have enjoyed answering your questions, providing project advice and technical assistance on this forum for a number of years. We believe that there are now better ways to provide this service for our customers and the community. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the Jamestown Distributors Forum.   Our JD Tech Team is committed to being your trusted technical resource, and we encourage you to reach out via email, phone, social, product reviews, and to post questions using the Q & A 'Ask A Question' function on all product pages. Additional information can also be found on product page Technical Data Sheets (including detailed usage instructions and application data).   Thank You Jamestown Distributors 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

3M 6000 Fullface Respirators : can I wear glasses with this?

6 posts in this topic

Well, I'm able to wear my glasses under the 6000 fullface respirator, although adjusting the straps to keep pressure off the bridge of my nose is a bit fiddly. If I'm doing the sort of work where the respirator is on and off me a lot, I usually resort to my half-face mask. -David

A heavy frame would be a problem for two reasons. One, the rim of shield would put pressure on the frame arms and put a possible point pressure on the sides of your head. Second, a tight seal around the shield would be broken negating the respirator protection. If the shield is to be used as a direct line particle protector as when grinding or wire brushing, then the respirator is being used as a face shield and small frame glasses like the Flex Frame could be used.

No. Glasses may fit inside the mask, as mine do, but the earpieces break the seal so the respirator lets unfiltered air in. Best respirator I've used, though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0