Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDFAQBot

Plastic Trailer Fenders : do I need to purchase fender brackets for white plastic large fender?

7 posts in this topic

Yes. This fender does not come with a fender bracket. If you're replacing an existing fender use your current bracket. In my case the bracket had rusted and broke off when I removed the old fender. I had trouble finding the correct sized U bolts, so I created brackets with long galvanized bolts/lock washers/nuts and two pieces of galvanized steel - 4"(l) x 2"(w) x 1/2"(d).

For my 99 boat trailer I didn't need brackets. Plastic fender went in place of old fender. Bolted right on trailer. I believe it came with carriage bolts. Easy install. The fenders were almost an exact match.

dear shopper, You will have to buy the mounting brackets seperatly if this install is new. This fender is made by TIEDOWN ENGINEERING and the fender will bolt perfectly to this mounting hardware! My install was a replacement fender and it mounted perfectly to my brackets in the time it took to loosen and retighten the 4 bolts that hold the fender on! steve